Home

Car floor wet behind driver seat

Hi guys looking for some help here. Ive recently noticed the carpet behind the drivers seat is soaking wet. Its also wet in the drivers footwell but not as bad. I drive a 2004 3 series and dont have a sunroof. Ive been told that its blocked drainage channels but dont know where to find these. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks 12 Answers. Re: floor behind driver seat is wet. For sure there's a leak somewhere. check if there's no damage or defects in the door rubbers, check if you can find another wet areas to help you find the leak. There's a few holes in the floor covered with plastic caps, check if there some missing and if they're not damaged. Posted on May 02, 2009 Re: water collects on floor behind driver's seat. Touch a white paper towel to it, if it really is just water then you have a leak or hole to the outside weather somewhere, if it is the same color is your engine coolant then you have a leaky or blown heater core which can lead to eventual engine overheating and failure. Posted on Feb 25, 2010 Water under drivers seat back passenger floor Post by Litty » 06 Mar 2012, 12:46 The floor on the passengers side behind the drivers seat is very wet, we have mopped it up on several occasions over the last 4 days and then today removed about half a bucket of water with a vacuum Wet driver side back seat wet floor 2005 X3 After heavy rains I find substantial water (2-3 quarts) at a time, only in the foot well in the driver side back seat. After sitting in the back seat in rain, to find the leak, it seems that the water is seeping in through the top door seal, down around the inside door frame an under the carpet in the.

Please HELP. Soaking wet floor behind drivers seat ..

SOLVED: Floor behind driver seat is wet

1. Wet floor. Water getting in car! 9 Answers. The floor behind the passenger seat is soaking wet. I'm parked in a level driveway. The seats are not at all wet just the floor. This happens after it rains. I took it in and the machanic tested t..
  2. Wet drivers side floor and back of drivers seat floor 3 Answers. My 2008 Dodge Avenger 3.5L R/T has a soaked drivers side floor, seat belts, top drivers side pillar and wet floor behind drivers seat
  3. Master. 376 Answers. Re: rear floorboard behind driver set wet after rain. Do you have a sun roof, if so start there, because there are two hoses at the back corners of the roof pan that allow water to drain, if they leak, they will soak the rear floorboards, and if not that check the door jam seals. (note that if the plugs on the floor are.
  4. Car Floor Wet Under Mat (Top 5 Causes) the engine side of the firewall blocks up with debris and causes the EVAP moisture to build up and overflow inside the car. As the EVAP is positioned behind the dash board it will cause the front carpets to become damp, usually the passenger side foot-well. a quick google search for your model or.
  5. At first, only the floor behind the driver's seat was getting soaked. Now the floor behind the front passenger seat is also getting soaked, altho' it's not as bad. Behind the driver's seat, the carpet right up to the rail (on which the closed door sits) is sopping wet. Mechanic detected a plug on bottom of car that was.
  6. Wet floor front and back drivers side. rikirud Member Posts: 1. January 2018 edited January 2018 in Toyota. I would look elsewhere if the water is behind the driver's seat. Does this car have a sunroof? If so, check for clogged drains in the channel where the sunroof rides--there are usually two, one front, one rear..
  7. Your drain tubes are clogged. Any car with a sunroof will accumulate water in the back seat if the tubes are clogged. I had the exact same problem with my Audi. Fixed with compressed air forced down the drain tubes, and repeated periodically. And get the water out with a wet-vac, and let the back completely dry, keep the doors open for awhile

Consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky that it's the passenger side, not the driver side. If it were the driver side, by this time you'd likely be looking at a totally disabled car, a trip to the dealer and a hit for between $1K and $2K. The central alarm computer is located under the driver's seat and also controls the windows and the ignition Have a convertible top and I have the same issue with the floor behind driver side area getting wet after it rains. I have had a foot of water after a hard rain. I recently noticed a rubber plug that got twisted and will no longer fit into the whole on the side panel of the inside driver side door Expert. 260 Answers. Re: Driver side back seat floorboard soaking wet just... Is the floor also wet under the dash? This could be a lot of things why your car is running hot. Could be a head gasket, cracked cylinder head or block, stopped or restricted radiator, water pump impeller faulty with broken vanes, stopped up heater core, cracked water.

The drivers side of my Corsa (2001) is completely wet, and even worse under the seat (all where the a passenger directly behind me would put their feet). The problem is now the inside of the car is always wet/damp given the English weather! So the carpet seems to have mould on it, same for other areas (ceiling etc), as it's been constantly wet. WHY FLOOR IS WET ON PASSENGER SIDE | FLOOR MAT CARPET WET | CAR SMELLS WETIn this video we will explain why your car carpet on the passenger side may be wet. Town Cars, Crown Victoria's and Mercury Grand Marquis have a known issue with water leaking onto the passengers floor. This can be an easy and cheap fix pr..

SOLVED: Water collects on floor behind driver's seat - Fixy

1. What it was for me was where the water goes in where the top and the body of the car meet. What was happening is the water was going in through there and going through the drain tube into the drivers side floor and it would get completely soaked. So what I did was take the drivers side vent off and looked to see where the tube was
  2. g in. Where do u think it would be from? Tim on May 26, 2019: I have a 2002 Dodge Neon
  3. Car makers know this and add roof drains to every sunroof. There are usually two drains in the front, one in each corner and at least one drain in the rear. The front drains route through the left and right A pillars to spill water onto the ground. Leaves can clog these drains and cause water to leak onto the floor passenger side and driver side
  4. Every time any water runs across my car (sprinklers, rain or washing) the foot well behind the drivers seat gets soaked. No apparent leaks from the inside of the car. Seals are all like new

I seem to have a leak in my 2014 mustang convertible. I am getting water behind the drivers seat after it rains. If I park my car nose down- no water... but once I drive it or car is on flat surface the water starts to leak from somewhere and accumulate in the rear corner of floor closest to backseat and the hump only in the corner. The water soaks carpet on drivers side only. The drivers carpet and carpet at feet of passenger directly behind driver. You might want to check the a/c condensate hose. This is the hose that goes to the enclosure housing the a/c evaporator and the heater core. When you use the a/c the housing collects water from the a/c evaporator similar to. I have a 2005 C320 4 door sedan. I notice that when it rains heavily or for a long period of time my back floor behind the driver seat gets wet. During hurricane Sandy, the floor had about 2 inches of water . Why is this happening? I just came from the Mercedes service because my engine.. The floor is soaking wet drivers side, front and back. The floor storage unit on drivers side back seat floor is full of water (>3 inches). The left side is completely dry. The wet floor was hard to notice at first because we have custom fitted mats (WeatherTech

Water under drivers seat back passenger floo

1. I have a 2010 Chevy Malibu and I found water in the floor behind my passenger seat. I thought maybe I had a leak somewhere because it had been raining so I checked and found nothing. It did it again a couple days later, but this time it hadn't been raining. There is no water anywhere else except the back seat floor behind the passenger seat
  2. gly no reason. 2) Sometimes after a rain shower, you'd hear water splashing back and forth from somewhere. Every time you stopped mildly or accelerated mildly. The cause: The valence drain slots would get plugged up by gunk. The.
  3. the drivers side floor board fills with water with no apparent water leak trail. This happens when it is raining. What are possible causes, and fixes. The seal on your windshield or door may be leaking. The water could run behind the trim and pool on the floor, leaving no obvious water trail
  4. Re: Wet Floor Driver Side. « Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 06:13:04 pm ». Check the grommet in the bulkhead for the bonnet release cable. Logged. Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18 Monzas, MFSW. Full list of mods: Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener. Each worth 20bhp
  5. Before getting my current vehicle I had a 2012 Altima. I had that car about 1- 1/2 before moving out of state. That first 1-1/2 years I never noticed the floor being wet. About 4 months after being in my new state I was driving one day when I went to put something in the back seat and the back passenger side floor had a puddle
  6. g through the little holes where my floor mats should be, does anyone know where this water is co

Also check the drivers door seal, it may have been damaged by trapping the seat belt buckle in the door, if it looks damaged or displaced you could sit in the car and get a friend to play a hosepipe on the suspect area to reveal any leaks. This thread should have been called Polo - the car with a hol Matter of fact it runs out very fast under the car when the ac is on. I still have wet carpet on the floor only, on the driver's side and the back seat driver's side floor only. No water under the driver's seat, just where you put your feet. Stumped here? Reply-1. Daniel Lloyd 6 years ag

Water in drivers footwell

Discussion Starter · #1 · Sep 26, 2011. Guys, I discovered that there was considerable wetness under the rear of my driver's seat, particularly in the channel areas next to the doorsill. Under the rear driver's side passenger's floormat was also damp. The carpeted sides of the doorsill did not seem wet, but the lower carpeted areas wrere soaked Hi, I recently bought a used 1999 Camry and yesterday after a day of heavy rains I found the passenger side carpet soaking wet with a small puddle of water on the rubber section of the floor mat on the same side. The wet area was limited to the section closer to the door and near the footrest. The car had been sitting all day since I drove it to work and was out in the rain for several hours. Town Cars, Crown Victoria's and Mercury Grand Marquis have a known issue with water leaking onto the passengers floor. This can be an easy and cheap fix pr.. Culpeper, Virginia. TDI. 00' Golf GLS. Aug 11, 2006. #1. I found a link about putting in some absorbant foam or something under the carpet. But I want to know what the problem is and how to fix it. On both the Jetta and now the Golf, my wife and I are having the rear passenger floor become wet. Hers was at first damp, then increasingly wet No water found on the floor of the front passenger seat nor directly behind it. Is there water in the spare tire well of your trunk? If they are wet, chances are the rear deck drain line is leaking into the trunk. that will cause water to run down behind the rear seat, puddle under the seat, and ultimately the floorboard in the rear. '98 S70 T5

It is the driver's side back seat floor board. Driver's floor board is dry. Everything else is dry. I was thinking of posting something like this the other day but it's the floor board behind my passenger seat. It was really really wet. I had hand washed my car but not underneath and no where else was wet and I hadn't been caught in the. We first noticed the problem when a friend sat in the back, and got a wet bum! This car was getting wet on the right hand rear seat behind the driver. I stripped the interior out, and found a pool of water under the rear bench on the right hand side (unsurprisingly) and the seat foam was pretty wet too

Jan 11, 2016. #9. Well I've found the cause of my leak, and it was coming in from underneath the car! Tired and knackered bung/grommet. The water was getting in past this and then running from behind the drivers seat and pooling in the front footwell! The sponge on the underside of the carpet was quite wet. I've ordered up some new bungs, and. Help! we adore our 2015 Mazda 6, but it gets standing water in the back seat floor behind the driver. Have taken it to the dealership three times and they can't fix it. I'm concerned about mold, rust, and really hate having to scrape the INSIDE of the rear window on icy days. I'm afraid we got a lemon I have a 2006 rendezvous and on boht the driver and passenger side floorswere so wet that the floor mats were saturated. I pulled the carpet up and sucked all the water out in the front and with furth read mor 3. Sit on towels when you move your car. This will help soak up some of the water and kind of keep you from getting a wet butt. 4. Towel off as much water as you can. 4. Grab a Shop Vac and turn it to the 'wet' setting. Vacuum the crap out of the wet areas of your car- seat, floor, everything The floor of a car isn't usually flat so even if the water is getting into the car at the front it can run under the carpet and pool at the lowest point, which might be near the back seats. Depending on how good your garage is, it might not be worth taking it to a garage until you've investigated yourself

Michael Heath-Caldwell M

In regards to the second leak, what was the problem? My partners car had a huge puddle of water in the spare tire area and the cover was covered in mold and dampness. He also had heaps of water under the seat behind the driver. He noticed this today and the car is a 2014 model so it's well out of warranty Jan 31, 2011. #11. Re: E90 Leaking water into cabin floor - driver side. This problem usually occurs after 2-3 yrs of car ownership. The door weather seal behind the door cards use bitumen to seal itseYour lf. the weather seal is a foam sheet and the bitumen is used to stick it to the door. Japanese cars use a sheet of plastic to in place the foam Soaking wet floor behind passenger seat!! Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 9 of 9 Posts. M A sensor has gone - again an 8 year old car Seats don't move on their own?! My back rests do but the seat won't slide unless you push them. This is the same on brand new cars too. You bought the car second hand - you don't know how many times they've been used 20 Aug 2013, 14:58. Car is Audi now have the Brake Fix done, explained my concerned my concerns about wet carpet behind the drivers seat. Audi have stated the leaked is actually from a seal in the boot hinges. They have also stated the Bose Amp has been damaged due to this and this is being replaced under warrantly drivers side floor its either the windscreen or a leak through the bulkhead. Quote; wet drivers side footwell carpet. After over 2 weeks and 3 courtesy cars, it was a bulhead leak causing the problem. My leak was appearing in the back passenger footwell behind the drivers seat and there were no visible signs of it coming in. I am off to.

Wet drivers side floor BMW CCA Forum - BMW Car Club of

Water accumulating on rear floor of car - Maintenance

floor of back seat and the cargo area behind back seat is always wet, and is now growing mold. water has dripped down on the driver side hitting my head. i am also concerned that the floors will rust as well. this is ongoing. i live in seattle and have lived in st. louis with this car Lincoln Town Car Water Leaks. silverton Member Posts: 3. July 2007. in Lincoln. I own a 2004 Town Car Ultimate (no sunroof) that has a problem in the trunk area. After it rains, when I open the trunk, water drains out of two holes on the underside of the trunk lid. AS the trunk lid is opening, the water goes directly into the trunk area

I cleaned the car, picked up the trash from every door and from under the seats as well as from the trunk, but the smell didn't go away. WATER UNDER FLOOR MATS. Next, I started looking for any spills in the car. Imagine my surprise when I discovered soaking wet carpet under our rubber floor mats 05 wet floor and wire corrosion due to the issue. OK, guys, Spoke with the dealer, got some prints, but no help. Its ended up the LR knows about this issue for years. I got a tech bulletin from 06 saying that its 3 common problems due to the wet floor complain Co-worker with 1996 Sebring conv told me to look for the rubber plugs near this same area and pull them out. Says he's had them out for several years and never had a wet floor problem. Sure enough, after a good rain, I watched the wife as she drove up the street leaving two nice water trails behind the car I pulled to leather seat back a little bit and saw some moisture on the wiring behind the seat. Also, the piece of fabric trim thats between the rear side window (on the wagon) and the passenger window on the driver side (where it goes from grey to more of a white color about shoulder height if you were sitting in the seat) was wet Tuesday 30th April 2013. Hi All. First time here! I have a 997S coupe 2005 and last week discovered that the carpet under the rear seat pad and the floor behind the drivers seat was wet. I took.

Water on floor, carpet is soaked! - Car Talk Communit

1. This problem can seem extra mystifying when your passenger side floor mats are soaking wet, and it hasn't even been raining. But it could be due to a bad heater core. The heater core is a small, auxiliary radiator located just behind the passenger's side dashboard. It's both a part of your vehicle's engine cooling system and the climate control.
  2. g from. But it's getting worse. I'm having puddles of water in my car! It's not co
  3. e is right on the floor behind the seat, yours is probably in a similar spot. I notice that after a hard rain, the backseat floor will be a little wet, not much, but the seatbelt will be like soaked
  4. My wife's 2008 Highlander Hybrid has had wet carpet on the driver's side. Blew air through top front sunroof drains and up the tubes behind the rear wheels for the rear sunroof drains. Pulled rubber hole plugs from rocker panels behind front tires and blew air and verified that the seam weep..
  5. g from
According to All Lenown Laws of Aviation There Is No Way

3 Reasons Why Your Car's Interior Is Wet Explaining Auto

Ford Transmission E40d Cars for sale

Rear passenger floor saturated in water Mercedes-Benz Foru

Causes of a Wet Passenger Side Floor Mat #3: Leaking Doors. By design, water can get into the inside of your car's doors, either from rain or from splashing by passing cars on wet roads. Normally, any water that gets into the door will drain out onto the road -- but the door's drain holes can become clogged, too. This can force water into the. I saw some staining on the carpet of the front passenger floorboard in a used 2004 I bought recently and decided to take a closer look. We had driven about 2 hours in the rain w/ the A/C on the entire time and I noticed the floor was very wet. I pulled the mats out and the carpet up and the..

Hi Lisa, no it wont affect the performance of car and thinking about it the only thing electrical where the water collects on the floor are the seat belt pretensioner connectors under the seats. Just make sure the carpets are only damp or wet and not swimming in water around that connector under the seat The driver side floor is wet. I dont know where it comes from but it isolated to an area that is away from the pedals and basically in the portion of the floor directly in front of the seat. If I leave the mat on the water collects on the bottom of the mat and fogs up the car. The leak must be minor because its not that wet but more moist and damp Finally withdraw the rhr seat belt to its maximum is the webbing wet ? But in retrospect it's not your problem take it back and don't live with a car that leaks it's a recipe for disaster given these days how many electronic components and harness connectors live on the floor Jack up the car and remove the front tire on the driver's side. Then partially remove the wheel well shield facing the wet floor. Look up and you should see two holes where cables/wires can go through. Check to make sure the plugs are in place and tight. If not use silicone to fill Ditch the air freshener and target areas that might still feel wet with a blow dryer. Next, get some moisture-absorbent products, such as baking soda, that you can leave inside the car behind each of the seats. This will work over time to dry out your car's cabin and reduce the chance of funky odors taking root

Water leaking into car

I removed the trim and seats(you need a T50 Torx Bit preferably with a 1/2 drive to remove the seats) in order to clean up the lake underneath the seat and dry the carpet. I would say it took me about an hour to get the seats out and the carpet propped up to dry, but I am slow. Then I waited a week or so for it to dry out Registered. Joined Jan 31, 2010. ·. 91 Posts. #5 · Feb 7, 2011. A wet footwell is usually the result of a blockage in the channel running at the bottom of the windscreen - often due to a buildup of leaves. Water cannot then run down to the ground behind the front wheels and ends up in the car instead. P Hi guys, jus t want to say I love this site, lots of good info and input. I have a 1999 STS. No problems at all so far, except for water on the passenger side floor pans. The problem has been there for a couple of years now, so this week I decided to remove the carpets to determine where the wate..

Leak!! Area behind passenger flooded with water 2015

I touch the floor mat on the front passenger side and it was WET. Took the mat out and was dripping like it's just come out of wash. Checked any signs of external water leak but all looked ok, The seats were dry and all the other side floor (driver and rear) are fine too 1,113 Posts. #2 · Oct 20, 2017. Most likely an air conditioning evaporator drain problem. If the drain get's plugged, moisture taken from the air has no where to go, fills the housing, and eventually leaks out inside the car. I suppose there are other possibilities, but I've had that issue in various cars over the years

Piping Technology PTP2-90-B Standard Variable Spring

Water on Driver's Side Seat Floor/Rear Pass Floor

Here is my solution, my floor would get sopping wet after rains and snow on the passenger floor. What I did to fix it was a pulled the kick panel off and noticed that water would fill that cavity, so I drilled 3 holes so that the water would drain to the outside of the vehicle. I may have put a plug or something in so the water does not go into. 3,860 Posts. #2 · Jul 15, 2010. Tracing the leak is the only way to be sure. Take off a-pillar cover, plastic under the dashboard on the driver's side, sit in your car and have someone spray the car with waterhose till u see water inside the car. If i were you i'd first go to the place that changed your windshield The floor on my driver's side was soaked after a rainy day under my floor mat. water leaking into car behind glove box My wife was in the front passenger seat. Pulling out from the car. 1998 Town Car driver's floor has saturated carpet and no one seems to be able to locate the problem. Cowls have been removed and debris removed, floor plugs have been resealed and water still seeps into the floor area and is driving me insane. No problem with the passengers side which is totally dry. Water is located only in the area of the. Ther reasons the leak happens can be from years of dirt and small debris clogging the drain or, weep joles at wither end of the box that exit near the top of the front tire and run down inside the feder well cover out to the ground. Also, seals can go bad as well as the plugs that hold the multi-layered diverter in place

56 x 31-1/2 x 20 Wooden Country Style 5 Tier Bakery Shelf

BMW 3 Series Questions - Wet floor

There is a fairly big wet spot on the floor by the inside of my driver side back wheel. It is a 2005 Buick LaSabre. What would be the most likely reason for that? Eddie Carrara (author) from New Hampshire on March 15, 2020: Hi Tere, It is not normal to ever have fluid leaking from your vehicle except water draining from the AC evaporator Hey Guys, i have a rather wet situation. I have a leak on my drivers side, the front floor board is soaking wet, and the back seat floor board is damp.. Up the sides of the carpet is dry (near the center console, and drivers side door). It is really wet right under the pedals, but gets dry fast the closer you get to the firewall AZKONE Car Seat Cooler Fan USB, Portable Electric Car Seat Cooling Fan with 3 Level Adjustable Speed for Car Seats Headrest Metal Rod Range from 4.3-6.6,Perfect for Driver or Passenger Seat (Black) 5.0 out of 5 stars See how to easily fix your clogged A/C drain line at proclaimliberty2000Disclaimer: Under no circumstances will proclaimliberty2000 be responsible or liable. Removed the drivers seat, carpet and trim around the door, stuck a hose on the roof pointed down to the drivers side area of the windshield and turned it on. I found the leak on the body seam behind the sound insulation and the blue electrical connection box. It was a strip about a quarter inch long on the body seam where there was no seam sealer

Cayman Eco - Beyond Cayman A Fifth of Food-Output Growth

Wet drivers side floor and back of drivers seat floo

Discussion Starter · #4 · Oct 12, 2013. DrivenDaily said: AC is most likely. Run AC and look for the drain under pass front of car. If it's not leaking or not leaking much, check to see if front pass floor is wet. If not, you could have a compromised seam seal where the side of the body meets the roof Joined Nov 23, 2016. ·. 1,841 Posts. #3 · Feb 16, 2017 (Edited) Often, especially if one parks under a tree or similar, small leaves, etc., get into the corners of the bottom windshield cowl. If one or two corner drainage channels get clogged up, that can cause the water to find a new way into the car, rather than draining out the bottom Nothing else was wet, seats were dry, ceiling was dry, inside doors were dry, inside windows were dry. The only thing wet was the rear passnger floor carpet and floor mat. Last night it happened again, this time the rear passenger floor carpet was wet but the floor mat was only damp. So, I think it's definitely coming from underneath the car. Had to drive with seat belt stretched across the back of seat wrapped around the console to keep work clothes from getting wet and smelly. Took the truck to the local dealer during lunch and they ran it through the car wash four times and couldn't find a problem. It was suggested that I bring the truck in the next time the seatbelt gets wet

SOLVED: Rear floorboard behind driver set wet after rain

A wet car seat can be annoying, but fortunately, it's not the end of the world. Whether you left your window down during a rain storm, spilled a bottle of water or dumped a bunch of snow onto the seat after opening the door, you can relax, because there are more than a few tricks out there to get everything dry again.. Check out these four easy ways to deal with a car seat that's been. I have a 2006 Hyundai Elantra and there is water leaking onto the front passenger floor under the dashboard. The glove box is dry and I found it in the mourning so the air conditioner was off. I was wondering where this water is coming from and how to fix it